summer days....

Hmmmm...well, I wasn't planning on taking a break from the blog, but I guess I needed it! :)

We have been enjoying the summer and getting excited for Charlie to start kindergarten next week.

Our summer days have been filled with...

- Lots and lots of swimming at the pool. Both boys started out pretty cautious, but are now crazy about being in the water. Cannon gets cold pretty quickly but still tries to homestead the pool even with his blue lips and shivering body.





- Charlie has been going to tae kwon do on Wednesdays and Fridays.

- Cannon turned 21 months and Charlie turned 5 1/2.

- Eric and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary.

- We played with shaving cream.

- My mom and dad came to visit.

- Charlie has been playing with legos every single day and has gotten lots of great new sets to keep him busy.

- I started to redecorate the kids/guest bathroom. I could not find a shower curtain that I liked that wasn't at least $80, so I decided to decorate my own. I found some fabric that I liked from the Nicey Jane line from Heather Bailey and I just sewed it on. I also sewed the fabric on a few plain white hand towels. I love how they turned out! Now I am trying to find some decorations for the walls and countertops.

- I went back to school. I am doing an online program in Paralegal Studies. It sure is hard getting back into the swing of things after being out of school for 7 years!

- We went to Idaho for a week so Charlie could attend a lego camp. He learned all about motors, gears and motion sensors. He was absolutely crazy about this class and could not wait to go to it every afternoon.

- Eric dug out all his fishing gear and went fly fishing for the first time in over a year. He didn't catch anything but had a good time anyway. I don't think he will let the summer end without at least catching one though, so I think he has another little trip to the Provo River planned.

- We went on the paddle boats with Grandma P.

- We played at the splash park. This was pretty much the first time Charlie would ever go to one of these. He used to just hate the water splashing up in his face, but not this time. He ran around and laughed and just loved every minute of it. Cannon took a while to warm up to it, but he liked it and he made a little buddy while we were there.




- And of course we enjoyed a few summer treats including some chocolate chip cookies. Can anyone tell me how it is possible to get so much on your face when you only had less than a half cookie to begin with? He's thinking "put down the camera and give me another cookie lady."
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are alive and well! I was beginning to wonder and was about to call you! Sounds like you have been busy...but having fun:)...I guessed you had started school. I finally asked Heidi yesterday. Good for you to have begun school again and to have been doing so much fun things with the kids too! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back! I check everyday and was starting to wonder what happened to you. I enjoy reading about your adventures and seeing your wonderful photos so much. Love the new look for the blog too. I'm glad you are doing well. Have fun in school. You'll do great. Olivia starts high school next week. Aaaaaaa! Of course she will be at home, online. She entered three photos in the fair and won 2 first place ribbons and an honorable mention! I am a very proud mama.
    I am looking forward to reading more about you soon.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete