randomness....

Things have been pretty boring around here lately, so nothing really big to blog about. So, I thought I would just note a few random things happening in our lives right now. Nothing real exciting, just where we are at right now.

- Cannon is officially rolling from his back to his belly. The first official roll was on May 31st.) Of course, once he gets on his belly he is absolutely ticked about it. This is making night time lots of fun! He used to love sleeping on his belly all curled up in the NICU. Hopefully soon he will remember how much he loves it instead of screaming bloody murder.

- Charlie is very lucky to have two incredible grandparents who have decided to take him to Las Vegas next weekend to see....what else? The Lion King! He now tells anybody and everybody all about his trip and how he cannot wait to see Rafiki. Thank-you Gigi and GPa for doing this for him - it is going to be incredible!

- Eric has been working like mad to paint the exterior of our friend/neighbors house. All this in addition to the 50 hours per week he works at Enterprise. He is tired and sore but he has a great attitude about it. He is about 90% done. Yeah!

- I took Cannon to a new pediatrician this week. I had finally had enough with our old doctor. I really like this new doctor. He asked a lot of questions (that our previous doctor never bothered to ask!) and he had a lot of great advice for Cannon's reflux. He gave us a prescription for Prevacid and suggested thickening his formula with rice cereal. The rice cereal is giving him a lot of gas, so that is not working out too well. It is still too early to tell if the Prevacid is helping. He weighed 16lbs 8 ozs at the appointment.

- I completely forgot to take the monthly picture of Cannon with Clancy the bear for April and May. The perfectionist in me is so bummed, but I am trying to just roll with it. What can I do? It will still be cool to have a progression of photos over time, even if they aren't every.single.month.

- Charlie has his first mosquito bite on his arm. He reminds me several times a day how much it itches. We have been putting some anti-itch cream on it, which he thinks is so cool for whatever reason, I am not sure.

- I have been trying to get ready for the yard sale this weekend. I have not gotten as much done as I would like since Eric has been gone so much. Hoping to make some major progress tomorrow. Hopefully Cannon will take a nice, long nap (yeah right, who am I kidding?!)

- We went to the pool for the first time this past week. It was a ton of work to take 2 kids by myself! Charlie is still pretty scared of the water and Cannon was not a big fan. Hopefully we can make some major progress this summer! I just can't wait to spend the next few months in my swimsuit for all to see!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Msy I just add that Eric is a great painter and if you need your house painted he is the man. If he will ever do it again? :) We love it and are really excited ! Oh and when are you going to hire out to do blogs? I love the new look!!

    ReplyDelete