just a little advice....

The other day I was at Walmart and a lady walked by and asked how old Cannon was. I told her he was 6 months. Often I will just tell people his adjusted age so I don't get comments about how small he is. Even as I told her his adjusted age, she looked at him and said "oh, he is SOOO tiny!" I just smiled at her and went on my way but I wanted to blurt out "Actually he is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. I don't think he could be any more average, do you???" But, of course I didn't because she was just a complete stranger and who cares what she thinks. Obviously I must care since I let it bother me so much.
The same thing happened all the time when Charlie was an infant, but it was true. He was tiny. Even for his adjusted age, most of his life he has been in the 3rd percentile for height and weight. With Cannon I feel like I have to justify his size. I have no idea why. Maybe I am just sick of the unsolicited comments? Maybe I have just become more sensitive? I don't know. But if you are ever at the grocery store and talking to a mother about her child, maybe just comment on how beautiful her sweet baby is and nothing else. I am sure you will make her day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's funny because I was just talking to somebody about the same thing. Miri has been consistently under the 3rd percentile. I'm hoping this month is the month to at least to get up to like 5!! ;) But everybody comments on how little she is...but she seems so BIG to me!! I suppose it's better than people saying...wow what a giant baby you have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is perfect in every way!

    xo
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete