whoa, the big 3-0.....

To celebrate Eric and I's birthdays this year, we took a little weekend trip to Vegas. We are so very lucky to have our parents close who volunteered to watch the boys to make our trip extra special. We spent a lot of time relaxing and just enjoying our freedom. My brother was a thoughtful host. He drove us all over town and even got us a bundt lake just like last year. (yum!) We didn't take many pictures but we did get these at the Hoover Dam.


This past year has been one big, rough year for us. If you would have told me on my 29th birthday what was to come, I would have never believed it. We have experienced some pretty big heartache. We have made some of the biggest decisions in our lives. We have questioned our purpose and our future. At times we felt defeated and were ready to give up. We have also gained tremendous wisdom. Our love for one another has grown more than I ever thought possible. We have learned we have many, many wonderful people in our lives that love and support us more than we ever imagined. We welcomed a beautiful baby boy into our hearts. We have a new perspective on what is important. I never thought I would say it, but I am grateful for this time. We come away from this past year feeling strong and ready to bring on the next one. So, welcome to the big 3-0, I am ready for ya!

Thank-you to all my friends and family for the many birthday wishes. And thanks especially to our family for making our celebration a memorable and special time. We love you so much!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you both had a very HAPPY birthday! I hear ya...this has been a tough year...and I'm so happy to see that you are overcoming it all! With faith and persistance you're going to do great!

    Love you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete