why is my daddy dressed as santa?...

Today was our neighborhood Christmas party. Since Eric has been Santa in the past, they asked him to do it again this year. He was hesitant because Charlie is at the prime age for santa, but decided to do it anyway. We showed up at the party and Charlie went straight over to him. Before he could even get on his lap he told him that he wanted the cash register with the microphone from Kohl's (the toy that he can't stop talking about). Then we took a few photos and went to work on the Christmas crafts. A few minutes later Charlie asked "Mom, why is my daddy dressed as Santa?" Ugh. After a little discussion, I thought I had convinced him that it was not daddy. Another few minutes went by and then he said "Really mom, that sounds just like my daddy. It has to be him." So, the story changed and he seemed happy to know that daddy had to fill in for santa because he was busy and couldn't make it. I should have known we were never going to pull that one over on him!



We were finally able to give Cannon a real bath today since his circumcision is healed now. He seemed pretty surprised by the whole thing. Once we got him all dressed and wrapped up he just looked around with this face like "what in the world just happened?"

3 comments:

  1. Cute Santa pictures! Tanner has that same sweater Charlie is wearing! LOL. Makes me think of last time we cropped in ID and we had all the same supplies. You've got good taste girl!

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Adorable pictures!! What sweet kids you have. I love the Santa story... too funny. Cannon is beautiful. I'm glad he was able to come home :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Amanda. I've been so busy I haven't been near a computer in days!! congrats with charlie and cannon. I think you should "sell" charlie on the idea that daddy is one of santa's many helpers!! I can't wait to see you and the boys. Boys ROCK!! have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete