a low-key holiday season....

I wish I could say that I have taken such a long break away from the blog because I was super busy with all the craziness of the season. It would be more accurate to say that I have been super busy with the craziness of having a newborn around! Boy, they are SO much work. Lucky for me, I really do have a lot of help from my parents - I am not sure how I would be doing right now if I didn't have them around! Eric started a new job about a month ago that requires him to work 50-55 hours a week, plus he is still doing his DJ job three nights a week. He also had to be out of town for 4 days last week....I am not used to him being gone so much. Hopefully his schedule will settle down soon. We miss him!

Anyway, Cannon is growing like crazy. At his check-up last week he weighed 6 lbs 4.5 ounces and was 19.25 inches. His cheeks are filling out so he has the cutest little round face/head. He is on a pretty good schedule but we still have some good nights and some bad nights. He eats every 3-4 hours and is eating 2.5 -3 ounces of formula at each feeding. He has definitely figured out that it is much more cozy to be held than to be in his bed or chair. This makes it hard to get things done, but I try to remind myself that he will be running around before I know it and the laundry/showering/cleaning can wait sometimes.

Having the little guy around has made for a pretty low-key holiday season. Trying to keep a balance of making this time exciting for Charlie, but not too crazy for the rest of us. We had to shop for just a few people this year so that made it easier, but I am bummed that I have not gotten to do a lot of the traditional christmas activities like bake christmas cookies or send out Christmas cards. (thats right, I did not do cards this year so don't be offended if you don't get one!) I guess there is always next year, right?

These pictures were taken this morning. I have seen the idea a few times to take a picture of your baby with a certain stuffed animal each month so that you can see how much they have grown. I kept forgetting to do it when he got home and I almost just gave up, but decided it was not too late.

Cannon & Clancy at 9.5 weeks old.
See, I told you he was getting chubby cheeks! So cute.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday season and spending lots of time with the ones you love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment