please pray....

Just when I thought that life was ready to settle down again, we are once again thrown for a loop.

My dad has cancer.

You always hope and pray that you will never have to say those words about someone you love.  Someone that you have looked up to your whole life.  Someone that has loved you unconditionally from the moment you were born.

It has been tough to accept.  It is an emotional rollercoaster that at times doesn't feel real and at other times I feel like running far, far away so I can pretend it is not happening.

I don't know what the future holds for my dad.  It looks as though we have a long fight in front of us, but I am so grateful that we are back home and we can do it together.

You can follow my dad's journey here:  CaringBridge 

2 comments:

  1. :( I'm so sorry to hear this Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,

    I just happened to visit your blog tonight as I haven't had much time for any internet other than work for months due to the new baby, etc and saw this. You know that I will be praying for your dad tonight and in the days ahead. He is a special guy... I will also pray for each of you to have the strength to walk through this with him. Love to all of you!
    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete