we miss her.

This picture was taken in August when we were in Boise for a visit. It was a million degrees and she was in quite a bit of pain due to her hip, but she was determined to go out on these paddle boats with the boys. She took Charlie in her boat and I had Cannon with me. Cannon kept trying to climb out of the boat so I had to watch him and try to paddle at the same time. Our boat kept getting stuck in the mossy stuff. I was sweating and getting a bit crabby but I tried to keep up with Grandma P. and Charlie. When we were finished, you could tell she was in a lot of pain and she was just as hot and sweaty as I was, but she had a big smile on her face and she was so happy to have this special time with the boys. At the time, I thought she was a little crazy for dragging us out there. But now I am so thankful for this memory. This is the last picture I took of her.

I can't believe it has almost been a month since she passed. She is in my thoughts all day long. I still can't believe that she is gone.

I miss her for my boys. She loved them with all of her heart. After she passed we had to stop by her office for some paperwork. All four of us walked in and Eric made a little small talk and then introduced himself as Priscilla's son. Her co-workers smiled and said "We know, we recognized Charlie the minute you guys walked in. He sure was the light of her life, she never stopped talking about him." Grandma P. and Charlie had such a special bond and I am so sad for him. I don't think Charlie completely understands what has happened but I hope he is not too young to remember that love that they had for each other.

I miss her for my husband. She was his number one cheerleader. When we first got married, I would get upset because Eric would share some news with her or ask her for advice when I thought he should be talking to me. But I quickly learned that they just got each other. They were alike in so many ways and she always knew how to encourage and support him in just the way he needed it. Instead, I became grateful for the support that she gave him because it made him a better husband and father. I know he is in a lot of pain. I wish I could ask her what to say to him, to encourage him like she could.

I miss her for me. It took us a while to really get to know each other, but once we did, I felt so blessed that she was my mother-in-law. Not only for what she gave my kids and husband but what she gave to me. I am so thankful that I had a wonderful conversation with her just a few days before she passed. I wanted to know how she was recovering from her surgery, but she quickly brushed that off and used the time to encourage me. She asked about our new home and our jobs. We laughed about the funny things that the boys have been doing recently. She told me that I am a good mother and wife and that she loves me. I wish that I would have said more to her.

I pray that we gave to her even a tenth of what she gave to us. We love and miss her so very much.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you guys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Amanda. :( I didn't know this had happened. Sending you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post - I'm thinking about your family!

    ReplyDelete