cannon is two.....

Since I figured Cannon may have an opinion on what kind of party he wants next year, I took advantage of being able to choose this year and I picked an owl theme. It was a very small party so I didn't really have to do much, but it was fun to put together a few fun details for the day.

I started with some invitations. Luckily, I only had to make a handful of these, so I added a lot of stitching and detail.

Then I made a plush version of the owl to put into the cake. We decided to go with a Nothing Bundt Cake again. They are just so GOOD.
Banner and balloons. The ballons were the biggest hit of all with Cannon. He was not happy that they were tied to his highchair so I had to take a few off for him to play with. He calls them "noons".
The little goodie bags I made for the guests. I made each of the boys a t-shirt using a freezer paper stencil and some bleach using this tutorial. They all turned out different and the boys loved them. The bag also included a toy skeleton and a sucker/crazy tooth toy thing.
I didn't really get any good cake photos. Bummer. The light in our dining area is pretty poor and it was dark outside by the time we did the cake, so I was forced to use the flash. Charlie got a little excited and blew out the candles before Cannon had a chance to, but I don't think Cannon even knew that he was supposed to blow them out anyway.

The boys were very helpful to Cannon with the present unwrapping. They were all unwrapped in no time. Even though the toys were much too young for the bigger boys I think they were so excited with just the thought of new toys that they wanted to play with them as much as Cannon did.
He LOVES music so he thought this toy was pretty cool.
Getting his groove on.
It was fun to see Cannon enjoy the day. I am not sure he really understood what was going on, but he was happy that there were balloons, cake and presents so I would say it was a success.

He played with the older boys the whole time and I am pretty sure he thinks he is 4 or 5 too. He has really grown up these past few weeks and I definitely see a little boy nowadays. No more babies in this house!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through google because I was looking for a picture of this years corn maze at corn bellys. Haha. Your blog is SO cute! I love it. cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously throw the coolest parties ever! And I LOVE the photo of him opening the guitar!!! I can't believe he's two!!

    ReplyDelete