a little catch-up.....



I took these 3 photos of the boys on Easter before I got this....
So much for any cute Easter photos this year! I had also wanted to take more photos this trip with all the grandparents and I got nada. Ugh. There is always next year!?

Lots to catch-up on.

-First off, Cannon is officially walking!! He has become very good at it over the past 2 weeks and is pretty much walking 95% of the time. He also has learned how to get up on his own now, so if he falls down he gets right back up and keeps trucking.

-We had a good Easter. It was a nice relaxing day. Grandma P made most of the dinner and we were able to just hang out. Those are the best holidays, the ones where you just relax and enjoy being with each other.

-Driving 5 hours with a crabby, stubborn almost 18 month old baby is pretty much the last thing I want to do again any time soon.

- Eric has an interview for a position at another branch on Monday. This move would give us a much more consistent schedule which we would LOVE. Hoping and praying this happens for him.

- Happy that we don't have stairs at our apartment. Cannon's favorite thing to do was climb up and down the stairs at Gigi's house. He probably would have done it all day if we let him. And don't even try to go upstairs without him.

- When Charlie got home from school today he said "Mom, I have some really bad news." I asked what was wrong and he said there was a girl that was bossing him around on the bus so he told her to please stop. He was very sure that he said the word please. She then said she was going to have her parents "kick his butt". Seriously? I am so not ready for this school thing.

- Speaking of school, we have Charlie's kindergarten orientation tomorrow. We get to meet the teachers and learn about what programs they offer. Lots of prayer happening right now that we will get the right teacher for Charlie and that it will be a great year. I am so excited and yet so nervous!!

- I have not done any scrapbooking lately. I should be getting my May Freehand Scraps kit any day now, hopefully it will bring some inspiration as well.

- Here are my pages from the April kit. My pages were all very simple this month. Must have just been my mood. I loved the color combination of this kit.
I also loved that bird from My Mind's Eye. I had to use it right away and this page came together pretty quickly. These photos were taken on Cannon's birthday. Just added a few strips of patterned paper along the edges and then stitched over it.
The light bulb embellishment is awesome and it is exclusive to this kit. I thought it was the perfect touch for this page. I also broke out the circle punches again for this one. Those punches have been getting a lot of use lately! The Hambly stitches rub-ons apply so easily, they are the best.

The red gingham paper was one of my favorites this month. It is so simple, but I just loved the color it added. You can see I used it on all three of my layouts. That ticket die cut is also so versatile.


And lastly, a very simple card. I couldn't fit the crocheted flowers on any of my boy layouts, but I just had to use one so a card it was.

- Planning on getting back into the blogging routine. I need to do Cannon's 18 month post (can you believe he is 1.5 years old?) and hopefully I will have some May sneeks to share soon.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment